BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 13, 2009

1st Fill

I cant believe it has been a whole week since I blogged...guess I just didn't have much to say. :o) I went for my first fill today. I was really just expecting my 6 week check up and that I would have to come back for a fill, but he did it today. I was a little distracted when he was telling me how much he was putting in and what the total volume so far would be (because I didn't mentally prepare for a fill!!)...but I think he said this would make a total of 4cc so far in my 10cc band. I barely even felt it at all. I was really surprise how quick and painless it was. I manged to lose a couple pounds in the past 4 weeks since I had been there and he seemed to think that was good since I hadn't had my first fill yet. And he reminded me that I should not be in a hurry to lose the weight. That if I was trying to lose 10 lbs in a month that I would have a lot of problems. That I would have to be so "tight" that it would cause me issue with what I would be able to eat. He said I should shoot for 3-5 lbs a month and I should be able to eat just about anything - just much smaller quantities. I am ok with that...of course I would like for it to be closer to the 5 than the 3 but really as long I don't have a bunch of issues I will try to be ok with however the weight comes off. I couldn't help feeling energized when I left there. Like now is when it really begins and I am ready! Ok, so I am not thrilled about the clear liquids today and full liquids tomorrow...but I can deal with 2 days. Oh and the nutritionist came in and talked to me for quite a while...she even told me to feel free to have a margarita today since I am on liquids for the day. I like her alot!! I am also going to join the gym today...right across the street from my subdivision. I have had a membership at the YMCA for some time but really got out of the habit of going and now it seems like it too far away and inconvenient. I am hoping that having access to the gym right across the street will really motivate me to get involved in some of the classes - like spinning...and start weight training again.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, great news! I would love to know that I could eat ANYthing in reasonable quantities after my band is in and filled a bit. And having the gym closer will make it a lot easier to get to and stay consistent. Good decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're fill went well - I have mine on Thursday. I'm hoping to get 4 or 5 cc's. Your Dr. sounds nice- my goal is to eat what I want just small amounts and feel deprived, like he said/

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Margarita?? Hell, I want your nutritionist! lol
    I'm glad your fill went well. It's a bit daunting that first time but then we find out it's really nothing. Good luck in the upcoming weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH!!! Great job on the weight loss during your past month - and I'm so glad he went ahead and did your fill. I hope the next week goes well for you. Your doctor sounds so resonable - I like him. Missing you lots!!!

    ReplyDelete