BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Word(s) of the Year

So, I have been thinking alot about the word for 2010 that fellow bloggers have posted about. I have been contemplating it for several days. I am surprised by how much time it has actually been on my mind and it reminded me how many of the blogs I follow inspire me and lead me to action. And just earlier today someone included this quote in an email to me, which I found so fitting! I am so thankful for each of you that shares your story and how much it rekindles me!

"In everyone's life, at one time or another, our inner fire almost goes out. It is then miraculously burst back into flame by a powerful encounter with another human being. We should be thankful for those people who rekindle our inner spirit" -- Albert Schweitzer

So, my word - really has come down to two. The first being Content. I desire to be content. Content with where I am at each day. Not constantly dwelling on what could be or what should be but really being present and OK with where I am at right now. Knowing that the number on the scale does not define me...and actually doesn't even matter in my overall happiness. Does that mean that I would not continue to weigh myself several times each day? That is alot to hope for and though I am not sure that I will get there this year - it is ultimately where I would love to be. I don't think you can be truly happy without being content, so that is what I am choosing. I also think that contentment is not something that just happens. That it's actually something you have to actively practice at. So, the practice starts now! The second being Hydrate. I struggle with drinking enough water. Plain water, without anything added. I know that being hydrated is so important to so many daily functions and I have really started to see the effects of being dehydrated. My hair, my skin, nails, energy level, metabolism, hunger, headaches, joint stiffness - you name it basically - and it is effected by hydration. So I am determined to give it more attention in my life.

So, that's what I have come up with. Not one word but two, and I am excited to see what the outcome will be.

4 comments:

  1. Content is a brilliant word! If we could have a little of that, the world (or our world at least) would be a much better place.

    Hydrate is good too! It will keep it in the back of your mind - water, water, water!! The loo will become your best friend lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think content is a beautiful word and it makes me feel peaceful! so here is to a contently hydrated year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is a great word. Something that I struggle with as well, it seams I've spent most of my adult life thinking I would feel different if I were thin. I think to bloom were you are planted and find the sun regardless of root placement is a great thing to strive for! Best of luck in the New Year. You look great, and thanks for the comment on my blog and for following! We are nearly neighbors, I'm in Lake Charles.
    Tessie
    "Band me Baby!"

    ReplyDelete