BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

2nd Fill

I got another fill today - technically my second. It was only .3cc (the same amount I had taken out last time). Hopefully this is just enough fill to make me start losing and not so much that it makes me miserable again. I have been very frustrated with the weight loss - or actually lack of it. My doctor tells me to be patient and look at the big picture, that this is a 1 - 2 year process. Even if I only lose 3 lbs a month I will still get to where I need to be. I understand this math but it doesnt really make it any easier to accept. I do like my doctor and I feel better after going to see him. Honestly I was starting to think that this band really wasnt going to work for me. I am 3 months out and have lost 17lbs. Which in the big picture I think is still .8 lbs/week which is really not that bad - especially since I didnt have that much to lose overall. I feel better that my doctor is willing to keep trying things to make the weight loss happen. He also said that if I come back in 6 weeks and my loss is only 3 lbs again (which is what it was this time and it has been 8 weeks) - then he will look into putting me on Phentermine for a little while to speed up my metabolism. He said I may just have a slow metabolism and it is going to take a while for me to get the weight off - but not to give up. I am doing all the right things. Eating right, tracking my calories and protein and am staying with my limits. Exercising - now up to 30 minutes 4 times a week. Daily water intake - at least 64oz. Chewing, small bits, eating slowing - doing all those things and still not losing. But I will keep truding along and even though it is slow it will happen...someone may need to remind me of that in two weeks when I am doubting all this again.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, that is extremely frustrating know you are doing everything right and just not losing. Kind of does your head in.
    Good luck for the next few weeks.. the weight just have to shift, it just has to!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just dont give up! I hope this fill does help! It would be very hard and I would be frustrated as well. Keep us posted on the result!

    ReplyDelete