BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Who Knew?!

So as I mentioned earlier in the week, I am traveling this week visiting friends. Which means I don't have access to the gym - or my treadmill. So I have had to be creative in my workouts. This morning (for the second time since I have been here in Seattle) I got up at 6am my time - which is 4am here in Seattle, and did some exercises in my room while the rest of the house was sleeping. Today I actually wore my heart rate monitor just to see how many calories I had burned during my little impromptu workout. 450!!! Can you believe that? That is what I usually burn while running on the treadmill. I did a little cardio to get started. Walking in place, high knee cross overs - and a little flashback to my drill team days...a few high kicks. :) Then on to lunges, squats, push ups, plank, tricep dips, overhead press, etc - followed by a few yoga poses and stretching. It was actually a great workout and I am still surprised by the calorie burn. I really wanted to be able to run outside (or at least walk) while I am here, but it has been raining the whole time. Bummer! I leave today to fly to Denver - to visit another friend - so I am hoping the weather will cooperate there so we can be outside more. And that friend has a membership at the Y, so I am sure we will get a couple workouts in there as well. I am feeling great about getting back into the swing/habit of exercise so I want to keep finding ways to fit it into my day.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for you! Exercise is my demon - I really want to learn to like it someday /:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. How committed are you? That's so great you got out of your warm bed and up at 6am. You put most of us to shame :) Safe flying to Denver!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job on the exercise, keep it UP!! You will learn to love it eventually-- I really do love to exercise-- it is making the time that is rough.

    ReplyDelete