BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Questions??

Ok, I am experiencing a couple things and wondering if anyone else has had these issues....I just got a fill yesterday and had clear liquids yesterday and full liquids today and I am actually nervous to eat mushies tomorrow. I feel like things are going down SO differently! I have never heard of anyone having alot of restriction after one fill or feeling like things are going down so slow....I had to actually drink coffee slowly because it felt like it was bubbling on the way down and had to take a few deep breaths along the way...what is up with that? I cant imagine how anything with thickness or substance is going to be able to go down. Anyone else experience this?

The other thing is, I can feel my port! Yikes, I actually had my daughter and my husband feel on my stomach today and they could totally feel it too. Is that normal? Should I be able to feel it by pressing slightly on my stomach? Oh and by the way, I have the low profile port!!! It was actually feeling a little tender which is what made me start feeling around on my stomach to begin with and that's when I felt it. WEIRD! Anyone else out there that can feel their port?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Natalia... I actually felt my port just after I was filled for the first time but it's receded into the dark depths again lol. Just give it a little time, and maybe yours will too.

    My first fill I remember feeling a little strange that day and I was straight onto soft foods re: docs orders, but I don't remember that gurgling feeling. Don't the girls who get overfilled get that? And yet you shouldn't be overfilled on your first one. That's puzzling. Maybe you just need to wait for things to settle ..again.. could be you need a few days (I DO remember as time went on.. I could eat more and more with just my first fill.)
    Sorry I wasn't much more help
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could always feel my port! It took me a bit to get brave enough (and heal enough!) to want to find it but I can totally feel it easily. Very palpable.

    I didn't have issues after any fills so I can't help on that level but it sounds pretty normal from what I've read! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't feel my port even when he shows me where it is. I thought my port was directly under my big scar, bc when I press I can feel a hard lump...turns out that is scar tissue and my port is actually 2 inches lower.

    I have heard of some people feeling great restriction after one fill...some people go forever until they need a first fill. That was certainly not the case for me...but maybe you are lucky? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Girl, Although, you know with me - it's taken me five fills to even know I have a band - But I remember the nurse at my doctors mentioning that some people have the most restriction about 2 days after a fill and then it eases up a bit. Also, the weather can cause more or less restriction. Just go easy when you eat - I am really finding it a learning experience for me to know both how to eat and what. I still haven't gotten the nerve to get another fill. I'm still saying goodbye to my food binges and am not quite ready to have more restriction than I do now - but I know I will get there. I'm amazed at how little I can eat at one meal and feel full - but I still get hungry about every two hours - so I know I need more restriction. Miss you lots.

    ReplyDelete