BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 31, 2009

Hey, where did my band go?

So, I totally threw in the towel this weekend. I have been frustrated that I have been doing things right and the scale is not moving so I totally gave up yesterday! I ate everything I could find. I had ice cream 3 different times - just yesterday!! Not to mention all the other stuff that I managed to put away. And the whole time I kept thinking - "ooh, this is not going to go down", or "this is going to make me really full and I am going to be miserable". But NO! None of that happened. It was like I didnt even have a band - like a typical food fest that I used to have before being banded. I am still shocked at how much I was able to eat all day long. I was looking back at the calendar - and since my first fill on July 13th I have not lost a single pound!!!! Ok so I have gone up and down 3 pounds but from my weight that day to my weight today - it is exactly the same. I am so frustrated. I guess I just need a fill? I am not sure how anyone can refer to lapband as the "easy" way out. I have not found this to be easy at all. And frankly I am a little disappointed at how hard it really is. I myself must have been naive about the ease at which this would happen - because it is WAY harder than what I imagined it would be. There has to balance out there somewhere - and as Cara mentioned many others seemed to have found it - I just wish it wasn't so elusive for me!!

On a different note, I spent most of the weekend working on my grand daughter's first birthday invitations and pictures. I have to share a couple of the pictures with you because she is the cutest thing ever! These pictures dont really show how cute her tutu is that I made but it is adorable - if I do say so myself. : )


2 comments:

  1. oh she is too dang cute!

    I think you might need a fill. I dont think a fill is the answer to everything, but if you could eat what and how you ate before the band then you FOR SURE nowhere near tight enough. I hope that once you get some more restriction that it will be easier for you. And amen sister, this is not the easy way out and is hard work. I would be frustrated too! So go see your doc and see what you and he can do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Natalia, I SO hear you. That's what I was alluding to in my post yesterday. I did what you did.. just ate ALL day and I never felt like the band was there at all! Hang in there, girl. We just need a top up.. I'm convinced of it.
    You're little grand-daughter is gorgeous. What a little ray on sunshine.
    Hugs
    Cara

    ReplyDelete