BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Going to the Home Show

My hubby and I are going to the Home Show today. We are planning on a building a house in the next two years or so (after we get the nest emptied). I have been dreaming about building a house for 10+years. I can spend hours on end looking at house plans on the web. I am excited to see what the home show has to offer. I love planning and decorating and organizing so I am excited about the show and the fact that my hubby want to go with me! This is a big step for him cause normally he is not interested in that stuff at all but it was actually his idea to go - which is a great Valentine's gift for me. :) Oh, and the scale actually moved a little more this morning. Down another .6 lbs - YAY!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for the scale moving! I'm one of those crazy people who has learned to enjoy all the moves we've had...we've lived in 7 places now and started with older homes and then the last 3 have been new. I made some major changes to the first 2 new homes and then actually played architect with the home we're in now (used an architect computer program). It's nice to get exactly what you want...although when we start to empty the nest, our needs will change too! Have fun and ask everyone one question 'What would you differently or what do you love/don't love about your home now?' I kept a big list of ideas and many of them were things I wouldn't have thought of. You always forget something...it can never be perfect, but it's great to include some things that make the home more functional for your specific needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Thanks for dropping by my blog....I have to get the girls to school and then do aqua before work but rest assured I will be back soon to read your story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic. Isn't it exciting building? Been there, done that. I think MOTH and I will be going that route too down the track - we are starting to make plans. Have fun with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always say that I'm too anal to build a home but I think if I could find the perfect floor plans I just might consider it... and hire a decorator, lol. I just can't imagine picking out every time detail of a home... I would lose my sh!t. Hope you had a good time!!!

    ReplyDelete