BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ordered my first kids's meal

I had a kids meal at a mexican food place today. I had my granddaughter with me so they didnt question the fact that I was ordering a kid's meal (even though she is only 9 months old). It was the perfect amount. Actually I didnt eat it all but it sure was good. Cheese puff, rice and refried beans...ok I didnt say it was good for you but it sure tasted good - and it was all mushies. I went to a baby shower after that and didnt eat cake! That is huge for me. I love cake!! Especially that type of cake - with buttercream icing. I did have one piece of candy - but that's it. So over all not too bad. Went to Olive Garden for dinner - we were on the run alot today :) I had the Tuscana soup and I ordered Manicotti - but I only ate 3 bites. I am liking that I can still eat the good stuff, and actually want a lot less of it. Ok, so I could make better choices and usually I do but for eating out twice today and going to a shower I think that I did pretty well. I am going to my parent's house tomorrow for Father's day. They still dont know I had surgery. I am going to tell them eventually just not quite yet. We are bringing lunch for the whole crowd. I figured that way I can control what we are eating and no one will be asking questions. I want to be totally healed, eating solid food and losing weight before I tell them. As a side note, I am thinking I have some amount of fill in my band. I know some surgeons put the band in empty and some put them in with a small amount of fill. I dont really recall which my surgeron does, but I really feel like I have some restriction. Could I be imagining that? I mean I know that there is still some swelling and that could be contributing to what I am feeling...but there are some things that I eat and it feels like they wont go down. I havent had the feeling like I just cant take one more bite so maybe it is not actually restriction yet. But anyway, I am eating less and I guess that is the whole point.

No comments:

Post a Comment