BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Weekend's over

I cant believe how quickly this weekend went by. Once I started feeling better it seemed like time just started flying by. I spent some time with my granddaugther this weekend which is always so much fun. She is a bundle of joy!! Here is a picture of her and I.
Back to work tomorrow...back to the real world...life as usual. I have been so hungry today and I am wanting something other than juice, broth and jello!! I have a confession, I actually licked some crackers today. What a weirdo, right? I was so desperate for flavor that I got one of the 100 calorie pack of crackers and licked all the flavor off them and spit them out. I guess that is better than eating them, but still kinda weird. I am really looking forward to having some thicker liquids - actually had a drinkable yogurt today - a couple days early. OMG was it good! Pina Colada flavor, yummy. Bring on the variety. Amazing what a difference a couple days make.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Natalia, how nice to see you back to your bouncy self :) You got through the hard part now it's all (hmmmm lol) downhill!! I couldn't wait to get onto the thicker liquids. It really helps with the hunger. I have been having drinking yogurt and vitamin water, lots of plain water, kids snack packs, yogurt (thinned with milk.. not so hot but still ok) etc.. I wish you the best for the next week!!
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. natalia- you look great - your granddaughter is a cutie! Glad you're eating a little. My program let me have yogurt and pudding from day 2, so I'm blessed- haven't tried yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cara & Linda, so what are you doing to get enough protein? My Dr. says I need to have 80-100g of protein which is proving to be pretty difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Girl,

    What a cute picture! Bailey is soooooo darling - that smile of hers is good medicine. I'm glad you're getting back to normal again. You made me laugh with your cracker story - what a nut! I'll have to try that one - I usually just go ahead and cheat -very naughty, I know. I've been struggling these last couple of days with overeating. I know it's because Derek is do home tomorrow - and I won't have the privacy of pigging out without an audience any more. Take care of yourself - don't work to hard this week. Lots of love, Dalaina

    ReplyDelete
  5. natalia-do you get to drink protein shakes? That is how I got my protein during the liquids phase. i was supposed to drink at least 3 a day but I usually just managed 2 bc I didnt like them very much. It is not strange to lick a pack of crackers...lol...Meg (another blogger) liked her husbands plate after he got done with his meal and I would suck the salt off of my boyfriends pretzels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Congratulations on being post-op :) Sounds like you're doing pretty good! That's so funny about the crackers, sounds like something I would resort to doing, lol. Can't wait to see how you progress! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natalia, I know these last few days I haven't gotten all my protein in. I hate protein shakes - I did a medifast thing years ago that scared me for life. Anyway I like Carnation Instant Breakfast- but it's not loaded with protein, I also found some great greek yogurt that has 14 grams a serving, but I can't eat enough of either yet. Anyway, I had gotten a thing of unflavored powder weeks ago that I was going to add to stuff- nope I can taste it in everything.So I've decided I'm going to start doing 2 shots of the unflavored stuff a day - one ounce each and get it over with. That way it doesn't taint all the rest of my food.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your not confessing anything I didnt do...I licked my daughters crackers and she had a doughnut and I licked that once during my liquid phase LOL Its kinda funny to think about it.

    ReplyDelete