BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 4, 2009

2 days after surgery

I am feeling a little better today. I was actually able to sleep in the bed for a few hours last night and took a nap this afternoon. Still have lots of gas pain that I am fighting and cant seem to get much liquid down. I sure hope this is normal. I have had to force myself to have the liquid protein - yuck! I have resorted to mixing it with as little liquid as possible just so I can get it down. Really treating it more like medicine than nutrition. I found myself wanting food today, not because I was hungry and definitely not because I thought it would go down, but because I wanted it to make me feel better. I have had food as a friend for so long I cant help but want to go back to it for comfort. Luckily seeing how I am having a hard time getting juice down I certainly wont even be trying food for quite some time. Also, when I am in pain I cant help but think "what I have I done, why did I do this to myself"?? I know this will pass once I start feeling better and I will be very happy with my decision but honestly right now, it seems like a not so good road to have taken. I have read that people want you to remember how you felt about food right after the surgery so that you can get back to that same feeling later and really start dropping the pounds. I don't want to feel like this later! And if that is the overall goal, then it sucks!! I don't like having to force myself to drink and know that is going to cause discomfort and that I will have to get up and walk around after just a few sips because it hurts. I don't like feeling like I have to burp every time I stand up but yet I cant get anything to come up and it just hurts. I sure hope this get better, its got to right? People wouldn't keep doing this if it didn't get better, right? OK, I am going to stop whining now - I did actually say I was feeling better didn't I? :)

2 comments:

  1. Natalia

    Poor you. I totally sympathise with you, I really do. I am 7 days post-op and I can honestly say it DOES get better. It really does. The first few days of what you are going through now was exactly what I went through. I thought: bugger, what have I done to myself? I felt on top of the world and then had an operation and now feel like utter crap... but once you are past the first few days (I think for me it was day four) I just got stronger and stronger and today (well actually since day 5) I have felt a million dollars. Just sip sip sip, and walk and walk some more. It all helps. Laying down made me feel bloated and sore and the minute I moved I would improve. The thing for me has been the hunger the past few days but today (cos Im allowed thicker liquids) I had a snack pack and OMG what a difference. No hunger!! Whoo.

    So I just wanted to say: it does get better chick, and you wont always feel like this. Just be good to yourself, let others do the work and you concentrate on getting better.

    See you on the other side :)
    Cara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cara, I really needed to hear that it does get better! That would be really nice if I felt better by day 5 like you did. In reading your posts you are doing amazing!! I cant even imagine being hungry right now. The thought of having to drink anything still makes me cringe. But I guess that can all change in a day or two. Thanks again for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete