BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Day after surgery

I made it home yesterday by 11am. The surgery went fine, no problems and no hiatial hernias. Yay! Last night was a rough night. Lots of gas pain and not able to get comfortable enough to sleep more than 30 minutes at a time - even with pain meds. I basically am having to sleep sitting straight up...not easy for me since I am a stomach sleeper! I had mostly just ice chips and water yesterday, and a SF popsicle. Still not really feeling like drinking much - nothing sounds good and so far I had diluted apple juice this morning and it made me feel a little nauseous. I just really want to get rid of this gas pain. It has settled in my back right between my shoulder blades and is VERY uncomfortable. I have been walking around the house quite a bit just to get some relief and taking the gas-x strips. Hopefully today will be the last day of this pain. I know it lasts longer for some people, but man I am hoping that mine will be gone today or at least lessened so I can rest.

3 comments:

  1. walking around was the only thing that helped me...Glad you made it! Welcome to BANDLAND!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! I'm glad you're done and OK. I'm two days out and getting cold feet. I'm glad to read about you all doing so weel - it makes me feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having JUST been through this experience myself lol I can tell you get that wind OUT!!! (Some cringe inducing moments but oh, sweet relief!!) Use a heat pack on the worst of it, some sort of gas tabs help too (I used de-gas, don't know if you have that there and massaging the area helped me too.
    Stick with it. It will only last a bit and then the worst is over :)
    By the way: welcome to the Bandland club!!

    ReplyDelete