BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Back on the Mill

I got back on the treadmill today. I felt really bad that my doctor was chewing on me for not exercising! Not so bad that I got on the treadmill the moment I got home from my Dr visit - or even the next day - but enough to make me get off my butt and do it anyway. It actually felt pretty good getting on the mill again. Burned 400 calories, woo hoo! I am not one to "take it easy" on exercise so I really wanted to make sure I felt pretty good before I just jumped back on. It was actually even a little challenging which is good. I didn't really push it today - being my first day back to exercise but I will say I liked burning the calories! I just want to see some payoff for my efforts. One of the reasons I got the lap band was because I was working out way too hard to not be losing weight. So, I am hoping that now that I have this wonderful tool (I have not given my lapband a name - I guess I will have to come up with something really fabulous like some of the others have - maybe I should call it Renee since I wanted to name a child Renee since I was in high school but my husband didn't like the name so I never got to use it)...anyway I digress - hopefully this tool will make the number on the scale start going down. I know what you're thinking..aren't you supposed to be staying off the scale? Why yes, yes I am. I did get on this morning but only for my weekly weigh in so I could post it on my tracking spreadsheet - I am a little over zealous in that area. But I am not going to get back on until next Wednesday. Hopefully I can keep up the exercise habit. I would really like to get back to running, but I still have a long way to go before I can feel ready to tackle that.

3 comments:

  1. The treadmill is punishment to me! It made me laugh when said that it didnt make you feel bad enough to work out RIGHT after your doc's visit.

    Dont worry...your band name will come to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done girl! You are such an encouragement to me in this process. I love the way you just set your mind to something - and GO FOR IT! I am so glad we're on this journey together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Natalia, thanks for your response to my treadmill dread! I will let you know how it goes next week.

    ReplyDelete